Tuesday, March 6, 2012


I made a healthy green smoothie today.  I know it looks red because of the berries, but I figure adding the broccoli stems, carrots and celery make it green. Here's what I put in it... A cup of frozen mixed berries, 3 organic celery stalks, 3 organic carrots, 1/2 cup broccoli stems, 1 small banana, 1 cup orange juice.




 I cut up the carrots and celery and juiced them.
 I was able to get 5 ounces of juice from the carrots & celery
 I added the juice, berries, banana, broccoli stems and orange juice to the blender.
 All set to drink!
The total time it took to make this smoothie was about 15 minutes and that includes clean up. I like to make it after breakfast and drink it throughout the day. Just with this drink alone I got my daily requirement of veggies. I plan to eat organic chips with fresh avocado and homemade picco de gallo for lunch...raisons for a snack and ...well, I haven't decided on dinner yet!  :D

eat your fruits & veggies!    xo    Inge


No comments: