Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Happy New Year! There are millions if not zillions of terrific bloggers out there and everyday I run into someone who I completely resonate with. They inspire me and give me ideas how to live a healthy life that I probably would never have thought of on my own. Have you heard the phrase, "No man is an island?" Well, I think that's so true. We are all interconnected... sharing ideas and insights is important to me... so I put together my favorite blogsites to share with you.
1. Kris Carr -- http://kriscarr.com/ comes in at number one. I don't remember how I found her website in 2011 because I was pretty drugged up on pain meds during that time... I was in the middle of my cancer treatment and I wanted to find out how I got this disease. Back then her site was called Crazy Sexy Cancer... she posted her story about living with cancer, that included an online support group for anyone facing health challenges. Kris is one of my online heroes. She got me started on my journey to wellness.
2. Flaming Vegan -- http://www.theflamingvegan.com/ Its all about living and eating veganstyle. Did I mention I'm vegan?
3. Purpose Fairy -- http://www.purposefairy.com/about/ I am convinced that we have to keep our minds healthy along with our body to stay in balance. This can be tricky at times because we can come in contact with lots of negative junk when we venture outside our home or even when we turn on the television. I am also a believer that we create our own reality and I want to work on being happy... no matter what. This gal's site is packed with tools to help me stay on that path.
4. Louise Hay -- http://www.healyourlife.com/ I was introduced to Louise Hay when a friend sent me her book, "You Can Heal Your Life". It helped me get through my cancer treatments and I still use it as a reference book.
5. Cherie Roe Dirksen -- http://cherieroedirksen.com/ Cherie always seems to write about topics that are relevent to my life. She is all about self-empowerment and offers tips and solutions how to stay balanced.
6. Positively Positive -- http://www.positivelypositive.com/ This site is packed with inspiring stories by different authors. Need I say more?
7. Food Babe -- http://foodbabe.com/ This gal knows her stuff when it comes to finding healthy eats. I found her blog when I was working to get Prop 37 passed...the right to know what we are eating initiative. She is anti GMO...just like me...but thats a whole other post.
Well, thats my list so far. I'm always finding something wonderful on the web and as soon as I do you know I will share with you.
I hope the New Year is everything you hope for. As for me ... I am focusing on my emotions. I am learning that I control my experience. I cannot always control outside forces, but I can control how I respond. My goal is to feel happy no matter what.