Thursday, August 23, 2012





How much processed food do you and your family eat? Do you believe that if its for sale in your local grocery store it good for you? Do you believe that our goverment agencies like the FDA have your best interest at heart? Think again! Buyer beware! The reason these foods can sit in your pantry for years is because they contain additives that may make food stay fresh longer, but they do nothing for your body. Meaning, there is little to zero nutrition. You are better off eating the box it comes in.

This is nothing new. I remember hearing Suzanne Sommers telling people to only shop the perimeter of grocery stores and stay away from the processed food section. That was back in the early 90s.

"Global diets are increasingly facing the dual challenge of undernourishment and obesity. UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, Olivier de Schutter, has released a new report calling for a reassessment of unhealthy food systems in both rich and poor countries. Both are increasingly characterized by an abundance of low nutrition, high calorie, processed foods."
http://michaelprager.com/content/globesity-malnutrition-and-other-joys-processed-food


If you want to stay as healthy as possible you have to eat healthy. No ifs ands or buts! We live in a toxic environment and our immune systems work overtime to keep us healthy. The very least we can do is to feed it good food.

I talk with so many people everyday who are fighting cancer or have just completed treatment, eating food that is total crap! And don't get me started with the nurses! They should know better. I believe that alot of the diseases today are caused by mal-nutrition. All the good nutrients have been removed and replaced with chemicals made in a laboratory. If you can't pronounce the ingredients, put it back on the shelf.


My cancer diagnosis was a major wake up call for me. I considered myself mostly vegetarian although I did eat chicken about once a week. When I tried going strictly vegetarian my hair statred falling out after a few months. I was told at the time I needed protein. But I have been vegan for over a year and I haven't lost anymore hair. I believe its because I eat better. I was eating way too much processed food loaded with gmos, antibiotics and growth hormones; combine that with stress and bamm! I am the perfect for environment for cancer!


If you have been diagnosed or are in remmission, I strongly suggest you change your diet. For example, dieting. Most people regain all the weight they lost while dieting because when they lost the weight they wanted, they started eating the same foods that made them fat in the first place. They have to change their eating habits for life to keep the weight off.  Its the same with cancer patients. If they want to have the best chance of success (no more cancer) they have to change their lifestyle and eating habits for life.


Yes, serious illnesses can be pre-determined, but thats a small percentage. Studies show that most cancers are from the environment. Our environment isn't changing anytime soon but you can strengthen your immune system by eating healthy foods, getting plenty of rest and exercising. http://www.organicconsumers.org/foodsafety/cancer070104.cfm


Have you heard about Meatless Monday lately? Thats a good way to begin to eat more healthy.

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/why-meatless/

 I changed my diet immediately but you can start slowly. Like I mentioned in an earlier blog, its all about keeping our bodies alkaline. Protein is acid, so are medications. Fruits and vegetables, nuts, legumes are all alkaline. Change your diet, change your life for the better.

xo   Inge

No comments: